Friday, July 24, 2015

Waiting for God to Answer

http://www.intouch.org/read/magazine/daily-devotions/waiting-for-god-to-answer?firstItem=d698e910-29a4-4ed5-9a2b-942a7a452974

From the CANON on this blog:

Solutions

1. God is omnipotent and therefore can solve any problem. He may choose to use the solutions listed below, but he often provides in ways you could have never imagined. The poor should cry out to God for help, rather than depending on Baal.

From today's scripture reading:


O LORD , hear my plea for justice. Listen to my cry for help. Pay attention to my prayer, for it comes from honest lips. Declare me innocent, for you see those who do right. You have tested my thoughts and examined my heart in the night. You have scrutinized me and found nothing wrong. I am determined not to sin in what I say. I have followed your commands, which keep me from following cruel and evil people. My steps have stayed on your path; I have not wavered from following you. I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray.

Psalm 17:1-6

From today’s devotional:


Yesterday we learned several reasons why a prayer may seem to go unanswered. Let’s consider more possibilities.

One is unconfessed sin. God promises to forgive us once we admit our action is wrong and turn away from it (If we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9). But if our confession is mere lip service or we persist in ungodly ways, petitions won’t be granted. An unrepentant heart always hinders our prayer life.

What about those times when our heart is right and what we ask is in line with God’s will, but He remains silent? Sometimes He waits because our longing for Him is in danger of being replaced by our desire for something else. Certain petitions—such as a request for a spouse, a baby, or a loved one’s healing—generate strong emotions in us. Unless we are careful, these desires could divert our attention from God. He will not share first place with anyone or anything. So sometimes He patiently waits for our focus to return to Him before He answers.

At other times, God uses delays to prepare us for future service or greater blessing. He could be protecting us from consequences we fail to see, or He may want to strengthen our trust. Strong faith means believing Him even in trials, persevering while awaiting an answer, and being confident that He always keeps His promises.

Prayer is the communication link between us and our loving Father. Instead of letting "static" block His message to us, we must confess and turn from all known sin. Then we’ll be able to hear God’s voice and obediently carry out whatever He asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment