I think a lot of people are shocked that the left wing media seems to be going after Hillary and suggesting other establishment candidates should run against her. I’m thinking that maybe they are thinking the RINO strategy worked so well over the past couple of elections that they want to try it. They will have a bunch of establishment Democrats run against each other so that the votes will be split among them and then the more left-wing candidate will win the nomination. However, I’m sure they think their strategy will work differently than the RINO strategy in that the candidate nominated will defeat whoever the Republicans nominate.
I pretty much defined the RINO strategy when I used to post my theorem on the Politics Forum. Here is my theorem:
RINO will willingly lose elections if, in so doing, it prevents Conservatives from winning them.
1. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
2. RINO are not insane (this one is debateable). Therefore, there must be a method to their madness.
3. RINO know that their policies are weak. But they think that their policies are more acceptable than Democrats’ and Conservatives’ policies.
4. RINO prefer Democrat policies over Conservative policies.
5. RINO try to make their policies more acceptable to voters by calling the Conservatives extremists.
6. RINO know from experience that they cannot win against Democrats. People who want Democrat policies vote for Democrats and people who want Conservative policies vote for Conservatives. There aren’t enough people left to vote for RINO to get them elected.
7. Even though RINO know they cannot win against Democrats, they will work to get nominations to run against Democrats so that the Conservatives cannot even compete against the Democrats.
1. Even though RINO John McCain had lost to Democrat Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election, RINO Mitt Romney ran against Obama in the 2012 presidential election. Romney was in a series of Republican debates where he was pitted against several Conservatives. Because he could get the “moderate” vote and the other votes were split among the Conservatives, he won the Republican nomination. Romney then went on to lose the election against Obama.
2. Even though RINO John McCain lost to Democrat Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election and RINO Mitt Romney lost to Obama in the 2012 presidential election, RINO Jeb Bush will run against Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. Bush will be in a series of Republican debates where he will be pitted against several Conservatives. The Republican National Committee is limiting the number of these debates because of the fear that one Conservative could over the course of too many debates become the leading candidate. Because Bush will get the “moderate” vote and the other votes will be split among the Conservatives, Bush will win the Republican nomination. Bush will then go on to lose the election against Clinton (ala 1992 Bush vs Clinton).
3. Jeb Bush said on Dec. 1, 2014 “A nominee should lose the primary to win the general”. Of course, being a politician, he says the opposite of what he thinks. He really means “A nominee should win the primary to lose the general.”