If you are reading this on another day, search for June 17, 2015 on the intouch.org website.
From the CANON on this blog:
How the worship of Baal breaks the Ten Commandments
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Tyrants do not believe in the true God. Their god is Tyranny. They cause their subjects to worship and be dependent on them, rather than God.
From today’s devotional:
Jesus called Himself both the Son of Man and the Son of God. The first title emphasized His humanity; the second, His deity. He is the only person in history who was both God and man. Leaving heaven, He laid aside His divine glory and took upon Himself the robe of humanness (Philippians 2:6-7).
Who recognized His divine nature?
• Angels. At Christ’s birth, the angel Gabriel told Mary that she would bear a child and His name would be the Son of God (Luke 1:26-35).
• God the Father. When Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan, the heavenly Father declared, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased” (Matthew 3:17). Later, God affirmed this same truth and instructed those present listen to Jesus (Matthew 17:5).
• Satan and the demons. Knowing that Jesus was God’s Son, Satan challenged Him to use His supernatural powers to bypass God’s plan. Later in the same chapter, the demons saw Jesus and shrieked that He was the Son of God (Luke 4:1-41).
• Disciples. When these men saw Jesus walk on water in the midst of the storm, they worshiped Him and concluded He was the Son of God (Matthew 14:25-33). Peter later declared, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16).
• Martha. When Jesus brought Lazarus back to life, his sister Martha said, “I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world” (John 11:27 NIV).
The world needs to understand who Jesus is. Whom can you tell about His deity?